Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Where My Soul Lives

My beloved Prairies


I went to The Cypress Hills last week.  To get there, I drive across Southern Saskatchewan.  I live near the eastern border of the province.  Cypress Hills is at the western border.


Much of the prairie is gone in my area now.  Plowed up for farmland. 


But farther west....it's almost all natural prairie.  Mile after mile after mile. 


And it is pure, spiritual beauty to me.


Every tiny particle of what I am rejuvenates out here.


And at night.....there's no light pollution.  You can see every possible star in the Milky Way and beyond.  It's amazingly beautiful.


1 comment:

  1. Yes. I understand. Sadly, we have only a tiny tiny remnant of virgin prairie left. I treasure it. Some, in small ways, are trying to restore it where they can. :)

    ReplyDelete