Sunday, December 5, 2010

Delta Marsh, Again

I'm still wistfully looking at my white & brown back yard, comtemplating the non-grassy green of the whole scene.  My mind wanders back to a time when I visited Delta Marsh.....


My last visit was only 3-4 months ago, just before I started this blog.  Seems like such a long time ago.  It's one of the first places I blogged about.

This is a Northern Leopard Frog (Rana pipiens) - well, at least I think it is.  I'm not a frogologist either.  Can't see much of this guy.


Enough of the summer-dreaming, time to pull on the boots, zip up the parka and go see if I can find some new birds for my Winter List.

4 comments:

  1. Oddly enough we haven't birded the Delta Marsh. Maybe in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. We got a foot of the stuff yesterday. I'm not much into winter outdoors like when I was younger. Bad circulation lead to cold feet and hands. So coffee and book in hand I'll be a couch potato till spring. I do have a second blog though devoted to book reviews and random musing that keep me somewhat busy. Oh, I forgot, in Feb. we'll head up to the Sax-Zim bog in northern Minnesota to look for rare Canadian visitor who travel south from Canada to enjoy our balmy winter Minnesota climate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of the Sax-Zim bog. Why February though? I'll try to urge some Cackling Geese to go down to see you there. I will add this to my Must Visit list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, I really like the interlakes and all that marshy, reedy, area around and between the big lakes. Comes from spending most of my life in the driest parts of the prairies, I suppose. I saw my very first Red-Headed Woodpecker somewhere between lakes. Think my life list has a lot of Delta Marsh, St. Ambroise and Interlakes notations.

    ReplyDelete