Wednesday, September 8, 2010

White-breasted Nuthatch

Sitta carolinensis.  One of my favourite 'winter' birds.  We have a few pairs around the neighbourhood year-round, however, in the Fall, more move south from their northerly breeding grounds or simply move into town to be around seed and nut feeders. 








Not the greatest or clearest photos; just my usual snapping through a dirty window inside the house (where there isn't good light - sigh)
I really have to get a good camera and learn to take crisp photos!  Well, someday.  Everybody gets the gist (and jizz) of the bird and that I like these little mutts.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! I love nuthatches. They have such a perky approach to life. We don't see too many white-breasted up here, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenda. Ah, but you have the much-sought-after willow ptarmigans. An uneven trade off. Smile.

    ReplyDelete